Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If memory recalls - this comes from the Company's Coming - Casseroles cookbook. A favorite of mine growing up, that I have finally been able to re-create gluten free! A great comfort food dinner!
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked (I use Brown Rice fettucini)
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use a Gluten Free equivalent)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine soup, sour cream, onion, parsley, wine, salt and 1/2 of the cheese in a bowl.
- Layer cooked noodles on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Layer cooked chicken on top of noodles.
- Layer sauce on top of chicken.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered for 45 mins, and uncovered an additional 10 to brown the top.
Made for Alphabet Soup Tag game and followed the instructions except for adding some minced garlic with the onion and used leftover chicken. Very easy and delicious! Thank you.
Good dish! I used leftover chicken, cream of chicken soup with herbs, and spinach fettuccine. Simple and tasty. Thanks ukichix for sharing. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
This went over big here! Made as listed, except I sauteed the onions along with the chicken that I had cut into bite-sized pieces so they wouldn't be crunchy. I also substituted chicken broth for the wine. VERY tasty, and easy to prepare. It's a keeper. Thanks.