Recipe by Amedeane
Chicken soup with feta cheese, tomato and spinach. A VERY healthy and tasty soup.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I really enjoyed this soup! I thought it was tasty and easy to make. I halved all of the ingredients, except the stock (I used a full 32 oz.) and even with half of the ingredients was worried that there would not be enough stock (maybe some boiled away as I boiled the chicken??). In the future, I think I would make this soup again with the halved ingredients and full amount of stock. I cubed my chicken and chopped my spinach. I used only fresh ingredients (including the oregano from my garden). Thanks for posting this. I'll make it again!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 lb diced tomatoes with juice (fresh, not canned)
- 16 ounces baby spinach leaves (fresh, not frozen)
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb cooked farfalle pasta (bowtie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in stock until cooked thoroughly.
- Add 1 lb diced fresh tomatoes.
- Add 16 oz. fresh baby spinach.
- Add 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese.
- Add 1/4 teaspoons oregano (more or less to taste).
- Add juice of one lemon.
- Add 1 lb. cooked bowtie pasta.
- Simmer and serve with crusty bread.