Recipe by Stacky5
Flavorful Greek salad tucked into a baguette with leftover chicken makes this a family-pleasing Mediterranean meal. This simple recipe is courtesy of "Working Mother" magazine. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by Um Safia
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin Kaboodles! I chose this recipe for Family Picks as I had some leftove roast chicken. I decided to mix the vinegar with the oil & added some fresh oregano to it before drizzling over the bread. This recipe makes fabulous sandwiches, these would be lovely for a picnic...... Thanks :)
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered (1 pint)
- 1 large baguette or 4 hearty sandwich buns
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine feta and scallions and mix well. Add tomatoes and toss gently.
- Slice open baguette or rolls and drizzle vinegar and oil over cut sides of bread.
- Arrange sliced chicken on bottom half and cover with feta mixture.
- Close bread, slice and serve.