Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flavorful Greek salad tucked into a baguette with leftover chicken makes this a family-pleasing Mediterranean meal. This simple recipe is courtesy of "Working Mother" magazine. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered (1 pint)
- 1 large baguette or 4 hearty sandwich buns
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
- In a small bowl, combine feta and scallions and mix well. Add tomatoes and toss gently.
- Slice open baguette or rolls and drizzle vinegar and oil over cut sides of bread.
- Arrange sliced chicken on bottom half and cover with feta mixture.
- Close bread, slice and serve.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin Kaboodles! I chose this recipe for Family Picks as I had some leftove roast chicken. I decided to mix the vinegar with the oil & added some fresh oregano to it before drizzling over the bread. This recipe makes fabulous sandwiches, these would be lovely for a picnic...... Thanks :)
I really enjoyed this for lunch today. The ingredients list didn't mention any oil. So, when I got to that step in the directions I was a little bit unsure of how much to use but I decided to pair it up with the amount of oil and it worked well. I don't like raw onions so I replaced them with a couple chopped up olives and it worked well. I also used reduced fat feta to make me feel less guilty about the bit of oil. A yummy sandwich I will be having again. Made for ZWT4.