Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this recipe quite a few years. It's a good low-fat pasta dish.
Make and share this Chicken Farfalle recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta. Spray 2 quart casserole with Pam.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Add milk to same skillet. Add bouillon and cornstarch. Mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, vegetable mixture, chicken and peas. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture in cassserole. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.
This is an easy recipe to make. i baked mine in 8x8 pan, bake for 25min. Sub cream style corn for peas (because i don't have peas on hand). Make sure that your chicken is seasoned when cooking, because i just poached mine and it didn't have much flavor when mixed with the mixture.
Delicious! and real easy to make! I didn't follow the measurements exactly and just estimated the milk. I think I used only a heaped teaspoon of cornstarch. I used monterey Jack instead of parmesan cheese and served with bacon bits sprinkled on top. My children and husband loved it!