Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a bed and breakfast, fast and easy but if you don't like a lot of salt use low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- jasmine rice, to serve with
- Mix all ingrediants but chicken and rice till well blended.
- Mix in cubed chicken and place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour (till chicken is done).
- serve over rice.
I was a bit skeptical of this recipe after reading some of the reviews, especially since I thought it might be too barbecue sauce-y and my bf HATES barbecue sauce. We were very pleasantly surprised! It wasn't too sweet or too salty for us (either can often be an issue in our house) - I used regular soy sauce and regular onion soup mix. My bf thought it had a bit of a Thai flavor to it but, I didn't get that. We served this with buttered white rice and steamed buttered brussels sprouts. I will definitely be making this again as it was so quick and easy to put together on a busy weeknight. Thank you for sharing!
This tasted rather well. It was sooo easy to make too.
This was very easy to put together and there was nothing particularly "wrong" with the flavor or technique. It was really just ok, though, and not of us particularly liked it. I did serve it over plain rice because my husband doesn't like jasmine rice. Maybe it needs that interplay of flavors to really punch it up.