Recipe by KarateMom
This recipe is modified from Superfoods by Jyl Steinback (which is an awesome cookbook). Even my kids love this. I like to serve it with my homemade salsa, in fact, that's the only way I serve it. Will post that recipe seperately.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, could use fresh minced garlic too
- 1 -2 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, sliced into strips
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream or 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fine chopped onion
- 2 red peppers
- low-fat whole wheat tortilla
- 8 ounces shredded lettuce or 8 ounces Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, garlic & pepper sauce in large Ziploc. Shake to blend. Add chicken, shake to coat & refrigerate several hours.
- Combine sour cream & cilantro leaves in food processor. Blend until smooth. Will look green & kinda gross but is awesome. Cover & refrigerate until ready to eat.
- In large non-stick skillet (or use a little olive oil) add chicken (without marinade), onions, peppers & fresh garlic if wanted to pan. Cook until chicken is brown. Stir often.
- Wrap tortillas in slightly damp paper towels & microwave for 45 to 60 seconds until warm. Or if you have a comal warm them up!
- Serve tortillas with all the fixens and don't forget to add the cilantro sauce and fresh salsa.