Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love cumin; its smokiness goes very well with chicken fajitas. The orange juice also gives this dish some depth. I serve w/ tortillas, lettuce, salsa, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Our I eat it on top of a bed of greens w/ salsa and cheddar... Enjoy! Also try pork or beef for some variation...
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded & sliced
- Slice meat into strips.
- Mix together garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, orange juice, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Marinate meat strips in mixture for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or on griddle until hot.
- Stir fry meat strips, onion, and green peppers until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve w/ toppings, as desired.
This was absolutely awesome. I cut out the hot pepper sauce (didn't have any...we're wusses about heat). I can see it being good with a bit of heat, but honestly the other flavors are so good, this is an optional ingredient and quite good. We often take our fajita stuff and 1) use pork (also good) and 2) put it over salad for a fajita salad...also yummy!
Very yummy, the whole family enjoyed it. I left out the bell pepper and used chili powder rather than hot sauce. Everything else I kept the same. I cooked it on a counter top griddle and served it fajita style in tortillas. We liked them with lettuce and sour cream. I served refried beans and spanish rice on the side. Very good meal. Thanks for posting.
I actually used beef instead of chicken and it was really good. I can't wait to try the chicken version. We stuffed this in flour tortillas with sour cream, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, guacamole and salsa. Super easy to make.