Recipe by Keeferop
I love cumin; its smokiness goes very well with chicken fajitas. The orange juice also gives this dish some depth. I serve w/ tortillas, lettuce, salsa, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Our I eat it on top of a bed of greens w/ salsa and cheddar... Enjoy! Also try pork or beef for some variation...
Top Review by Tinks599
This was absolutely awesome. I cut out the hot pepper sauce (didn't have any...we're wusses about heat). I can see it being good with a bit of heat, but honestly the other flavors are so good, this is an optional ingredient and quite good. We often take our fajita stuff and 1) use pork (also good) and 2) put it over salad for a fajita salad...also yummy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded & sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice meat into strips.
- Mix together garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, orange juice, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Marinate meat strips in mixture for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or on griddle until hot.
- Stir fry meat strips, onion, and green peppers until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve w/ toppings, as desired.