Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this off of the Atkins Web site, really good!! Marinate time: 4 hours If you like the heat of hot peppers, add a big pinch of chili powder to the marinade or top the fajitas with shredded jalapeno jack cheese.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila or 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, pushed through a press
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 low-carb flour tortillas
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- green chili salsa (optional)
- Place chicken, 1/4 cup of the oil, lime juice, tequila, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, garlic, cumin, lime peel, salt and pepper in a plastic bag and marinate, refrigerated, 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add pepper strips and cook 2 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through (add more oil if necessary).
- Stir in vegetables and tomato.
- Cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
- Stir in remaining cilantro.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas and top with sour cream and salsa, if desired.