Deb Wolf's Note:
This hits all the flavor and texture notes and tastes pretty authentic. Browning and simmering the chicken keeps it moist. This recipe serves two but is easy to double or triple. Serve with Salsa Rice #97070.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thickly sliced top to bottom
- 29.58 ml lime juice (bottled is fine)
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips (any color)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 (127.57 g) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1Heat a small skillet to medium high. Remove from flame and spray with non-stick. Return to stove and add chicken.
- 2Cook without moving chicken until browned, turn and brown other side.
- 3Add broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Cut up the veggies.
- 5Remove chicken to plate, tent with foil and set aside. KEEP broth.
- 6Heat your largest skillet to high heat. Remove from flame and spray with non-stick. Return to stove and add onion and bell pepper.
- 7Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until almost tender and edges are slightly charred.
- 8Add seasonings, stir to coat veggies. Cook 1 minute to toast seasonings.
- 9Slice chicken crosswise and add to skillet with lime juice and any juices from the plate. Toss to coat chicken with seasonings and combine with veggies.
- 10Add broth, bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until almost dry.
- 11Serve in warmed corn tortillas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas (Light & Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 791.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 31.3 g