Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the perfect dish for casual entertaining. Guests are able to make their very own personalized fajitas right when they want them. This is also great for those picky eaters out there!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, grated and juiced
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2 onions
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow or orange and 1 green)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 12 flour tortillas
- guacamole, to serve
- salsa, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- Slice the chicken breasts into 3/4-inch wide strips and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the lime zest and juice, sugar, oregano, cayenne, and cinnamon.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes Cut the onions in half and then slice them thinly.
- Cut the peppers, remove the cores and seeds, then slice them into 1/2-inch wide strips. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir fry the marinated chicken for 5-6 minutes, then add the peppers, and onions and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until the chicken strips are cooked through and the vegetables are soft and tender, but still juicy. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in the microwave to soften them.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a serving bowl and take it to the table with the cooked tortillas, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Keep the tortillas warm.
I have made this several times. Everyone loves it!
toooo sweet. These really are sweet. really sweet. if you don't want sweet fajitas, don't make these. if you like sweet fajitas, these are great!
This was a fantastic and satisfying dish. We thank you for the experience! We gave it 4 stars only b/c we did find it a tad sweet for how we like our fajitas. Thanks for sharing.