Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good recipe for 1 to 2 people or double, triple. Leave out the chicken and you have a good Vetetarian recipe. The recipe comes from Ernesto's Mexican Food and KCRA TV, Sacaramento, CA.
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 slices red peppers
- 6 slices green peppers
- 6 slices onions
- 8 slices mushrooms
- 8 slices zucchini
- 8 slices carrots
- 1 ounce cooking wine
- flour tortilla
- Place butter in a saute pan.
- Add onions, red and green pepper and carrots.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Mushrooms, Zucchini and cut up chicken breast.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it reduce and cook another 3 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortilla's and your favorite garnish (guacamole, Salsa, rice beans, sour cream).
This is a really good basic fajita recipe, but I like a little more flavor/spice. Added some lemon juice & a sprinkle of cilantro for a little more flavor. Also added hickory smoke flavor for a "kick" and really liked that! This is a keeper!
I used fresh garlic,added a jalapeno, and skipped the carrots. very good!