Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
A fun-meal. From Company's Coming Chicken cookbook. Can be made without peppers as well.
Top Review by Derf
Easy quick supper, thanks! We liked them a lot and I will make them again. I just made 4 and only had a half red sweet pepper to use with a red onion. Loved the hint of lemon. I layered them with the onion pepper mix first, then the chicken strips, then salsa and cheese, all inside, and wrapped. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into long thin strips
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced in rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 8 -10 flour tortillas (7 inch)
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add chicken.
- Stir-fry until cooked.
- Turn into bowl.
- To same frying pan, add onion, green and red peppers and more oil if needed.
- Saute until browned.
- Spread on warm platter.
- Return chicken to pan to heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Heat quickly.
- Place over onion mixture.
- To prepare for eating, lay 1 tortilla on plate.
- Place some onion/pepper mixture down centre, then a few chicken strips on top.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, or salsa or guacamole.
- Fold up and hold one end while you bite from the other end.