You can chicken breast meat shredded or rotisserie chicken - Sam's has a huge rotisserie chicken for under 5 dollars - it make about 4 meals! You don't have to make just tacos with this you can also have a GREAT fajita Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, about 1 breast and 1 leg and thigh shredded
- 1 large yellow onion, largely diced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper, largely diced
- 9.85 ml tones taco seasoning
- 177.44 ml chicken broth or 177.44 ml water
- 22.18 ml butter
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml tones taco seasoning
- soft taco shell (flour )
- sour cream
- shredded cheese, any kind
- 1Melt butter in large fry pan.
- 2Slice the onion and cut into 4 quarters, separate and place in pan with butter.
- 3Cut your peppers about the same size as the onions and add to the pan. Stir in the 2 teaspoon taco season and 1/4 cup chicken broth or water.
- 4Simmer on low covered until onions and peppers start to soften. Stir when needed.
- 5Shredded meat from 1/2 of the rotisserie chicken, 1 breast, 1 leg and 1 thigh meat and add to the onions and peppers. Add remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth or water, and 1/4 cup tones taco season. Stirring mixture and cook uncovered on medium until the sauce thickens.
- 6Serve on soft shelled tacos with sour cream, salsa and cheese.
- 7Use your leftovers from this on a nice bed of lettuce for a Fajitas salad.
- 8Warm up the chicken meat, serve over cold lettuce with cheese and thousand island dressing. YUMMY.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.4
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 42.3 g