Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can chicken breast meat shredded or rotisserie chicken - Sam's has a huge rotisserie chicken for under 5 dollars - it make about 4 meals! You don't have to make just tacos with this you can also have a GREAT fajita Salad.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, about 1 breast and 1 leg and thigh shredded
- 1 large yellow onion, largely diced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper, largely diced
- 9.85 ml tones taco seasoning
- 177.44 ml chicken broth or 177.44 ml water
- 22.18 ml butter
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml tones taco seasoning
- soft taco shell (flour )
- sour cream
- shredded cheese, any kind
- Melt butter in large fry pan.
- Slice the onion and cut into 4 quarters, separate and place in pan with butter.
- Cut your peppers about the same size as the onions and add to the pan. Stir in the 2 teaspoon taco season and 1/4 cup chicken broth or water.
- Simmer on low covered until onions and peppers start to soften. Stir when needed.
- Shredded meat from 1/2 of the rotisserie chicken, 1 breast, 1 leg and 1 thigh meat and add to the onions and peppers. Add remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth or water, and 1/4 cup tones taco season. Stirring mixture and cook uncovered on medium until the sauce thickens.
- Serve on soft shelled tacos with sour cream, salsa and cheese.
- Use your leftovers from this on a nice bed of lettuce for a Fajitas salad.
- Warm up the chicken meat, serve over cold lettuce with cheese and thousand island dressing. YUMMY.