Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Tex-Mex favorite. Prep time is based on the minimum marinade time. I hope it inspires.
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or chicken boneless skinless breasts halves cut into uniform strips)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (go wild and try ancho or chipotle)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced (red or yellow)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2-1 cup cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- Marinate the chicken in the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side. (This may, also, be pan grilled; cook through.).
- Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the onions until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the peppers; saute until the peppers are tender, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro. Top warmed tortilla with chicken, pepper & onion mixture and any topping desired.