Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really tasty, healthy, and easy to prepare. The most difficult thing about making fajitas is not being afraid to cook the ingredients over high heat. A hot skillet or griddle is necessary to quickly cook the ingredients so they are seared (but not burned) on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. Preparation time includes time to marinate.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen onion and three pepper blend or 2 fresh bell peppers, and 1 onion cut into strips
- 10 fajita flour tortillas, warm according to package directions
- 1 lime (optional)
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients to create the marinade.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 5 to 6 strips for a total of 15 to 18 strips.
- Place the chicken in the marinade for a least 1/2 an hour before cooking, longer is desired.
- Using two lightly oiled, very hot large skillets or griddles, place the chicken strips in one and the frozen onion/pepper blend in the other. Add additional oil if necessary.
- Watch closely and turn occasionally until both chicken and onion/pepper blend are just seared.
- Remove from heat, squeeze fresh lime over chicken and peppers if desired.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
- Optional serving suggestions: sour cream, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo.