Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Mexican cook book by Jane Milton.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 limes, juiced and zest finely grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, red, green and yellow each, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sour cream
- 12 flour tortillas, 8-inch across, warm
- slice the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch wide strips,marinate with lime juice and zest,sugar,oregano,cayenne and cinnamon for at least 30 minute.
- heat the oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken strips for 5 min,add peppers and onions and cook for another 3 min,or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables turn soft but still juicy.
- to serve,take a warm tortilla,spread it with a little salsa,add a spoonful of guacamole,pile some chicken mixture in the center,add a dollop of sour cream,fold over the filling and enjoy.
Another great recipe by you. I made it just as it was written, would not change a thing. Made it for PAC 2012. Thanks for sharing.