Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Delightfully HealthMark.
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 -2 anaheim chili, cored and seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, oil, cilantro, soy, garlic, oregano and cumin. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into bite-size strips. Pour marinade over chicken strips and marinate, covered, overnight. Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Slice pepper, chiles and onion into thin strips. Brush a non-stick pan with 1-2 Tbsp of the marinade. Add vegetables and cook over medium heat until tender-cristp, about 5-7 minutes. Remove to platter and keep warm. Again brush skillet with marinade and add chicken strips. Stir-fry over medicum head fr 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Serve fajitas with warm corn or flour tortillas, vegetarian refried beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, salsa and guacamole.
These are really good fajitas. I especially loved the veggie mix. All of the flavors worked well together. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful fajitas! The marinade was delicious. I used the optional tequila. I made homemade guacamole to serve with it and used corn tortillas. Thanks for sharing! Best of '10 Tag.
Mixed review on these... some said they were "terrific" and some said they were "fantastic" and some said they were "awesome." Pastor tasted the chicken and took the recipe printout home to his Hispanic wife. In summary, we love fajitas and really loved these. Anaheim Chilis are an adventurous addition, not for the faint of palate. Made for Pick A Chef.