1/5 Photos of Chicken Fajitas
This recipe was developed for the RSC Contest #13! Marinating time is 1 1/2 - 2 hours and is not included in cook time, so please plan ahead. Despite the long list of ingredients, this recipe comes together fairly quickly. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Peppers and Onions
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Between sheets of plastic, pound the chicken breasts into uniform thickness (about 1/2 inch).
- 2Mix all marinade ingredients together (soy sauce through crushed red pepper).
- 3Place marinade in a large ziploc bag and add chicken breasts. Marinate for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- 4While the chicken is marinating. Mix all slaw ingredients together and let sit in fridge.
- 5When chicken is done marinating, heat grill to medium heat.
- 6In a large fry pan, heat the 2 tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers, and Mrs.Dash. Stirring often, cook until desired tenderness is achieved. I like my peppers and onions very soft, so I cooked mine for about 20 minutes.
- 7Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, about 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from heat and cut into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- 8Wet two paper towels and squeeze out excess water until just damp. Place one of the paper towels on a plate, put the tortillas on top, and then add the second paper towel on top of that. Heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- 9To make fajitas: Take one tortilla, place some of the chicken in the middle of the tortilla. Top the chicken with the peppers and onions, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and then add the broccoli slaw mixture. Add any additional toppings you would like. Fold the tortilla over and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.0
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.9 mg
- Sodium 2179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 60.7 g