Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My fiance loves chicken fajitas, so I came to this recipe through trial and error. It can be rather spicy, so don't use the jalapenos if you don't like it hot.
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄3 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 -4 slices jalapenos (optional)
- fajita seasoning mix
- black pepper
- sour cream
- 4 burrito flour tortillas
- picante sauce
- Saute onions, peppers, and jalapenos in olive oil in a large skillet until softened. They'll still be cooking once you add the chicken, so don't make them too tender.
- Add chicken, placing in a layer over peppers and onions.
- Season with cumin, pepper, and fajita seasoning. I like to use a lot of fajita seasoning, but season to desired taste.
- Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked, adding seasoning until you like the flavor of the chicken.
- Put a layer of sour cream down the center of a tortilla, then the picante sauce, then chicken, then peppers and onions. Or however you want to do it.
This was a nice change from my usual chicken wrap. I used just a little jalapeno and regular taco seasoning and it was very tasty. Made this for Fall PAC 08, thank you for sharing!