Recipe by Kevin100 Brown
Barbequed juicy chicken, warm tortillas, crispy vegetables and salsa. Ideal for the summer. Add some grated cheese and jalepeno peppers for extra taste.
Top Review by sdrennard
Great recipe!. I tossed the peppers and onions in vegetable oil and broiled at 500 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, stirring 2 times to get the vegetables slightly blackened. I also like to add 1 T of taco seasoning to 1 c of sour cream for additional flavor. I will make this again. Thank you, Kevin!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, grated rind and juice of
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 jar sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken breasts into 2c strips and place these in a large bowl.
- Add the lime rind and juice, caster sugar, oregano, cayenne and cinnamon.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them thinly.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove cores and seeds, then slice the flesh into 1 cm wide strips.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir fry the marinated chicken for 5-6 minutes, then add the peppers and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes more, until the chicken strips are cooked through and the vegetables are soft and tender but still juicy.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, salsa and sour cream (grated cheese too if desired).