Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (8 inch) packet flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup seeded chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- debone the chicken breasts and cut into 3 x 1/4" strips.
- Leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine together the lime juice, tomato sauce, salt, cumin, pepper and chilli powder to make sauce.
- Keep aside.
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic.
- Stir fry for about 6 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Heat tortillas as directed on the packet.
- Put some of the chicken in the center of each and fold the edges towards the center.
- Serve with salsa, avacado slices, and sour cream.
- For the salsa, in a bowl, combine together all the salsa ingredients cover& refrigerate for 3 hours to blend flavours.
- Remove, stir well and then serve.