Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious marinade for making chicken fajitas. This is a favorite with our family and one of my personal favorite recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- olive oil
- Combine all marinade ingredients in freezer bag.
- Remove 1/4 cup marinade for sauteing vegetables if desired.
- Place chicken in marinade and put in fridge, 3 hours to overnight. The longer, the better.
- Grill or broil chicken, then cut into strips when done.
- While grilling meat, saute veggies in a small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoons seasoning salt if desired and add reserved marinade about half way through cooking veggies.
- Serve over tortillas or just with rice.
These were very good! The marinade had a great flavor, and was very simple to put together. I think next time we would maybe add more veggies to the mix, perhaps some red and yellow bell pepper as well or some mushrooms. We served ours in tortillas with rice, cheese, and the sauteed veggies.