Top Review by Spencer #2
Good but needs a few tweaks. DO NOT add the chicken broth. The fajita meat was soupy and had to be drained before serving. I worry that draining it may have drained off some flavor as it was a little bland. Next time I will add hot peppers and more seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, and
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1Tsp oil in skillet.
- Sauté onion, garlic, green pepper until almost tender. Add seasonings and cook another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut chicken in narrow strips; sauté in remaining oil until cooked.
- Add chicken broth cooked vegetables, tomato and 1/4 Cup salsa. Mix well.
- Heat flour tortillas in microwave.
- Spoon some chicken mixture on individual tortillas; add cheese and heat 2 minutes in microwave.
- Serve with chopped avocado, sour cream and extra salsa.
- Prepare one fajita at a time and serve piping hot.
- Woderful served with Guacamole.