Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A poultry version of an otherwise well known meat dish. The name "fajitas" refers to the type of meat used in the traditional version. You can use boneless skinless chicken if you wish but you'll get a bit. less flavor.Found this on another website
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 large onion, large (cut into strips)
- 1 large tomatoes, large (cut into chunks)
- In a glass bowl or baking dish, combine 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, tequila, tomato paste, garlic, jalapeno, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Blend well. Add chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes while preparing fajitas.
- Remove chicken from marinade. In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is done. Add bell pepper and onion and cook 3 minutes more along with tomatoes, just until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and grated cheese.