I made fajitas today. I was out of fresh tomatoes and sweet peppers so I use what I had. Just keeping track. They were delicious. The fresh peppers, onions, and garlic are so yummy. Serve with cilantro, limes, sour cream, cheese, and tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bulb of garlic (4 to 6 cloves, pressed, to taste)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 -8 jalapeno peppers, sliced (seeded and deveined, wear gloves, if you skip deveining and deseeding it will be too hot)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1Brown Chicken tenders in a little olive oil over medium heat. Do not overcook! Cook until just fork tender. Add garlic, chili powder, salt and cook a minute more. Remove from skillet.
- 2Add onions to skillet and cook until just carmelized. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Add peppers and tomatoes and cook for 3 or 4 minutes to soften peppers and reduce tomatoes.
- 4Add chicken combination back to pan with accumulated juices and just reheat. Add a tiny bit of water if you need the moisture to combine the flavors.
- 5Adjust seasonings. If you started with 1 tablespoon chili powder and 1/2 tsp cumin, you might want to sprinkle a little more over until it tastes right to you. If you started with 1/2 tsp salt, see if you want a little more.
- 6Fresh cilantro is delicious in this. A squeeze of fresh lime is yummy if you have it.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas 2
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 646.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 41.3 g