Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy, quick, and so good!!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In small bowl, mix mix first 4 ingredients.
- Add chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In skillet, cook onion and chicken with marinade for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in salsa.
- Divide among tortillas.
- Top with cheese.
- Roll up and serve.
These were excellent!!! I also marinated the chicken a little longer. Served with sour cream to top, and Spanish rice alongside. WONDERFUL!!! The lime juice is KEY!!! Thanks for a simply divine recipe! ~Manda
Excellent! "Mighty Good" was the comment from hubby. The only thing I did differently from the recipe is heat up the tortillas in the microwave before using. I also combined a red pepper and a green pepper instead of using the same color and I also served with sour cream. This is a keeper and one I'll be doing again. Have lots of napkins on hand though because they're quite sloppy.
yum. I like to heat the tortillas first. To do this, I heat a nonstick pan on medium heat, and then one at a time, put the tortilla in the pan for maybe a minute (flip if necessary for a minute). A very small amount of time makes them nicely warm AND you don't have to add extra oil or anything.