Recipe by RecipeMonster
We enjoy Fajitas, and it's such a simple meal. We do this with fish but instead of two hours marinating time we only marinate fish for 30 minutes.
- 4 limes, juice of
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large onions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slivers
- 2 large red peppers or 2 large yellow bell peppers or 2 large green bell peppers, cut into lengthwise strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- fresh cilantro
- olive oil
- tomatoes, cut in wedges (optional)
- sour cream
- flour tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a glass bowl(or zip bag). Mix well and add the chicken breasts. Cover loosely and marinate, turning occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling. Place the chicken breasts over very hot coals and grill until they are cooked through but still moist, about 4 minutes per side. Slice them into strips.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and quickly saute the onions, peppers, garlic and cilantro. Add the tomatoes at the last minute, just to warm. Add the sliced chicken and toss gently together. Remove to a large platter.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, guacamole, sour cream and salsa, allowing each person to fill according to taste.