Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chicken Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in a large bowl, mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain mixture.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute chicken mixture until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas.
Hubby and I have tried a lot of chicken fajita recipes. This would have to be our new favorite. Had it last night but didn't have time to marinate it and it was sensational. Next time I will marinate but it didn't seem to miss it much. Loved this, thanks for giving us a new fav.
Marinated everything except the chicken for 24 hours. We have vegetarians in our house so we left out the chicken and added a bag of frozen Quorn tenders to the pan instead. We loaded our table with warm low carb and flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, cheeses, sour cream, salsa and tomatoes. Everyone made there own and loved them!! This recipe is a keeper!
This was just okay. I added 1 seeded, diced jalapeno pepper and still the flavor wasn't really there. I did marinate overnight as stated in the recipe. I cooked this on the grill in a grill basket. It just seemed to be lacking something.