Prep 0 mins
Cook 47 mins
- 375 g onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 large red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 185 ml bought salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, optional
- 8 corn tortillas
- 60 ml orange juice
- 60 ml pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 750 g chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine juices, herbs, spices, garlic, salt and pepper into a marinade.
- Marinate chicken breasts for 30 minutes.
- Grill or barbecue chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Do not overcook.
- Vegetables should be soft but not mushy.
- Add salsa and corriander.
- Mix well and heat through.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Serve with chicken and vegetables.
Really nice twist on fajitas! Mixing the salsa into the peppers and onions was a good touch. I included the optional coriander, since we love it - great addition! The marinade gave a lovely citrus highlight to the chicken. I ended up marinating for one hour. I omitted the salt (personal preference). Thanks for sharing!