Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This spicy chicken filling, made up of mixed bell peppers, chilies and mushrooms, is put into folded tortillas and topped with sour cream. YUMMY!!!!!!!!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces button mushrooms, slcied
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1⁄2 grated lime, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 tortillas
- 4 -6 tablespoons sour cream
- Halve the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and place skin side up under preheated broiler until well charred.
- Let cool and remove the skin, then cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic, chili, and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Cut the chicken into narrow strips, add to the veggie mixture and fry for 4-5 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, cilatro, lime rind, lime juice, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, wrapped in foil, in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes.
- Bend the tortillas in 1/2 and divide the chicken mixture between them.
- Top the chicken filling with a spoonful fo sour cream and serve.
Although I initially thought this recipe sounded good, the results did not impress me. I thank the person who submitted the recipe and it has potential but these items need to be modified:
The taste was very mild and needs additional spices,
The proportions are off and the serving size should be adjusted to 6 vs 4,
This was great! I halved the recipe and used part of a yellow bell pepper in addition to the red/green. I also added a pinch of cinnamon and cumin. My husband and I loved this. Thank you!