Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This spicy chicken filling, made up of mixed bell peppers, chilies and mushrooms, is put into folded tortillas and topped with sour cream. YUMMY!!!!!!!!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces button mushrooms, slcied
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1⁄2 grated lime, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 tortillas
- 4 -6 tablespoons sour cream
- Halve the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and place skin side up under preheated broiler until well charred.
- Let cool and remove the skin, then cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic, chili, and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Cut the chicken into narrow strips, add to the veggie mixture and fry for 4-5 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, cilatro, lime rind, lime juice, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, wrapped in foil, in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes.
- Bend the tortillas in 1/2 and divide the chicken mixture between them.
- Top the chicken filling with a spoonful fo sour cream and serve.
Although I initially thought this recipe sounded good, the results did not impress me. I thank the person who submitted the recipe and it has potential but these items need to be modified:
The taste was very mild and needs additional spices,
The proportions are off and the serving size should be adjusted to 6 vs 4,
This was great! I halved the recipe and used part of a yellow bell pepper in addition to the red/green. I also added a pinch of cinnamon and cumin. My husband and I loved this. Thank you!