Recipe by GrandmaG
These are great! Great to serve for a Mexican theme party.
Top Review by hsj1475
Every time I am invited to a party, someone asks me to bring "my" fajita wontons! They are always the hit of the party. I buy the already seasoned fajita meat and cook it on the grill. I completely leave out the onion and water step. Also, I have found that just plain chicken, ranch and cheese is the favorite. No onion or bell pepper. It makes them easier to make and everyone seems to like them better.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 12 ounces chicken, cut in fajita style strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (if you can not purchase pre package mix use 1 ounce of Fajita Seasoning Mix Fajita Seanoning Mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- bottled ranch dressing, to taste
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In frypan cook chicken over medium with fajita mix and one cup water until chicken is done and almost all liquid is absorbed, Need at least 2 tablespoons liquid.
- About 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and put wonton wrappers in each tin to form cups.
- Bake until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat when done and chop into small pieces.
- Mix chicken and minced onion with reserved liquid.
- Fill each cup in this order with: 1 teaspoon of chicken, 4 or 5 pieces of bell pepper, approximately 1/2 teaspoon of ranch dressing, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put back in oven long enough to heat and melt cheese, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Lift out and place on serving platter.