Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are great! Great to serve for a Mexican theme party.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 12 ounces chicken, cut in fajita style strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (if you can not purchase pre package mix use 1 ounce of Fajita Seasoning Mix Fajita Seanoning Mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- bottled ranch dressing, to taste
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In frypan cook chicken over medium with fajita mix and one cup water until chicken is done and almost all liquid is absorbed, Need at least 2 tablespoons liquid.
- About 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and put wonton wrappers in each tin to form cups.
- Bake until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat when done and chop into small pieces.
- Mix chicken and minced onion with reserved liquid.
- Fill each cup in this order with: 1 teaspoon of chicken, 4 or 5 pieces of bell pepper, approximately 1/2 teaspoon of ranch dressing, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put back in oven long enough to heat and melt cheese, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Lift out and place on serving platter.
Every time I am invited to a party, someone asks me to bring "my" fajita wontons! They are always the hit of the party. I buy the already seasoned fajita meat and cook it on the grill. I completely leave out the onion and water step. Also, I have found that just plain chicken, ranch and cheese is the favorite. No onion or bell pepper. It makes them easier to make and everyone seems to like them better.
These were tasty; I served them with guacamole and salsa, for a book club meeting. They were, however, pretty time-consuming, so I won't be making them as often as other recipes. Thanks!