Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy, a great way to zest up potatoes.
Make and share this Chicken Fajita Spuds With Black Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 yellow onion, cut in strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 -10 baked potatoes
- shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or sour cream or tomatoes or salsa or guacamole or mexican four cheese blend
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen white corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Cook chicken and marinade in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Return skillet to heat, and add onion and pepper. Saute 5-6 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet, and stir in lime juice. Serve over baked potatoes with Black Bean Salsa and desired toppings.
- Black Bean Salsa:.
- Combine all ingredients. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. 2 3/4 cups.