Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I wanted a soup reminiscent of my favorite Mexican food...FAJITAS...and this is what I came up with.! I prefer to make this in a slow cooker. The aroma fills the whole house...yummy! I serve this with tortilla chips, grated cheese and sour cream for toppers.
Top Review by DuChick
Keep the hose handy to cool off your pipes with this yummy, spicy soup! Instead of the crockpot, I pulled this together on the stove top and simmered about an hour. Next time, I'll cut back a bit on the chipotle and chili powder. We love spicy, but we found this just a bit too much for our tastes. Rather than mix in the cheese, I served each bowl with a sprinkling of cheese on top. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle liberally with the spice mix.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add cooked chicken to the crockpot.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Dump in the soups. beans and creamed corn and stir.
- Once soup has heated up, stir in the cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.