Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My hubby loves this soup that comes from the grocery store just down from where he used to work. I had no idea something so simple could be sooooo good. Package and can size may vary.
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, skin removed and de-boned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 cups half and half milk
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (11 ounce) cansouthwestern style corn
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- shredded cheese
- packaged fried corn tortilla strips
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Shred chicken and place in crockpot.
- Add onions, broth, half and half, tomatoes, corn and seasoning mix.
- Stir well and cook on low heat for 2-4 hours.top bowls of soup with the cheese and tortilla strips to taste.
Very tasty soup and soooooo easy to pull together. I took the suggestion of another reviewer and used 2 packages of the fajita seasoning. That extra flavor helped. The sauteed onions are so tasty in this recipe. I will double the amount of onion next time. Also, next time I think I will use petite cut tomatoes. This is a very satisying soup that is simple to prepare. Thanks!
Super duper soup!! I did add 2 packets of fajita seasoning just for taste preference and one can of corn!! We loved it so much that I wish I had doubled it!
So, I put this in the crockpot and went to work thinking, better have a back up plan. Oh my goodness, the flavor and simplicity was unbelievable. Will be making this one again. Thanks!