Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love to make this for lunch!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups home fries or 2 cups hash browns
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Rub chicken breast with fajita seasoning and let marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Slice marinated chicken into strips.
- Use cooking spray and braise chicken in a hot skillet until done.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet fry and stir on high so as to cook quickly.
- Remove all from heat and set aside.
- Brown left over cooked potatoes or use frozen hash browns, cooked until desired crispness.
- Salt and pepper to you taste.
- Divide in half and place on serving platters.
- Mix egg with half and half, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook egg mixture into two separate omelets.
- Place on top of browned potatoes.
- Place one half of cooked fajita meat and cooked onions and peppers on top of omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese on each platter of fajita platter.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.
Scaled it down for 2 also.Its very tasty,will make again.
This is wonderful!!I used chicken breast tenderloins, hash browns, green onions and fiesta blend shredded cheese. When about ready to serve I warmed refried beans that I sprinkled with cheese in the microwave. Added a dollop of chunky salsa and served along side the chicken fajita skillet, so very good! Thank you Janet!!
A friend had given me some home made fajita seasoning & this was a perfect time to try it out. I used southwest flavor hashbrowns as my base & omitted the omelets. The chicken fajita/potato combo was surprisingly good! I toppped with salsa, sliced jalapeno & sour cream. Maybe I can make a convert of DH as he was looking for the tortillas ;-) Thanks for posting!