Recipe by gailanng
This tasty Chicken Fajita Salad is an easy chicken salad recipe you can make at home without waiting for a table at the restaurant.
- fajita seasoning for chicken (recipe below)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 -8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (optional) or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 4 -8 black olives
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salad dressing (Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I love Ancho or chipotle)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and sprinkle chicken with fajita seasoning and saute 8 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink inside) and browned on the outside
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, peppers, cheddar cheese, tomato and beans and toss with chicken. Drizzle with cilantro lime dressing
- Plate and garnish with black olives and sliced avocado. Serve with warm tortillas or tortilla chips and your favorite salsa or Pico de Gallo.
- To Make Fajita Seasoning: Combine all seasonings well.
- To Make Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing: Combine all ingredients, and stir well with a whisk. Cover dressing and refrigerate.