This tasty Chicken Fajita Salad is an easy chicken salad recipe you can make at home without waiting for a table at the restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- fajita seasoning for chicken (recipe below)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 -8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thin sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (optional) or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 4 -8 black olives
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salad dressing (Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I love Ancho or chipotle)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2Add chicken and sprinkle chicken with fajita seasoning and saute 8 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink inside) and browned on the outside
- 3Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, peppers, cheddar cheese, tomato and beans and toss with chicken. Drizzle with cilantro lime dressing
- 5Plate and garnish with black olives and sliced avocado. Serve with warm tortillas or tortilla chips and your favorite salsa or Pico de Gallo.
- 6To Make Fajita Seasoning: Combine all seasonings well.
- 7To Make Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing: Combine all ingredients, and stir well with a whisk. Cover dressing and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajita Salad With Cilantro Lime Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 905.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g