Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such an easy recipe to throw together, yet it looks like you really fussed! It's very adaptable to individual tastes. Take out what you don't like, and add...or add more of...what you do like!
- 1 (6 ounce) package southwestern-seasoned chicken breast, strips (in the lunch meat section)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head lettuce, torn (or 1 bag of ready made salad)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 16 ounces salsa
- Very lightly toss together the first 9 ingredients.
- To serve, lightly crush a handful of tortilla chips on each plate, cover with a serving of the salad and top with salsa and sour cream to taste; I always add more cheese on top of mine too!