Recipe by Swordbreaker
Take Applebee's delicious chicken chipotle fajita recipe and wrap it up in a large flour tortilla with lettuce, cheeses and a simple pico de gallo and you've got an awesome meal. Found on www.recipelink.com
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets
Mexi-Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon canned green chili pepper
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch dill weed
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 40 inches flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ingredients listed for the marinade. Make sure the sugar has been stirred until dissolved. Add the chicken breasts in bowl with the marinade. Marinate the chicken for 2 hours in a covered bowl.
- While the chicken marinates, make the dipping sauce by combining the dipping sauce ingredients. Stir well and chill in covered bowl.
- Combine the ingredients listed for the pico de gallo. Chill in covered bowl as well, so the flavors mingle!
- Build each roll-up with a large tortilla in a large skillet with low heat. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the combined cheeses over the surface of the tortilla.
- When the cheese begins to melt, take the tortilla out of the pan. Sprinkle about 1 c of shredded lettuce in a strip across the tortilla center, followed by about 3 Tbsp of the pico de gallo.
- Slice one grilled chicken breast into bite-sized chunks and arrange the chicken on the lettuce. Fold the ends of the tortilla over the filling, then roll the tortilla from the bottom. Make a diagonal cut across the center of the roll-up and serve with a small dish of the dipping sauce.