Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
For the Mexican lovers out there.
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red peppers or 2 green peppers, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups uncooked chicken, sliced thin or cubed
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain and return to pot.
- In skillet heat oil and add next 6 ingredients; cook; stirring occasionally until softened; 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and salsa and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken and pepper mixture to pasta in pot; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.