Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I just made this the other nite and it is my fav. pizza now!!!! I had some leftover chicken and peppers from fajitas the other nite and i came up with this wonderful creation!!!
- 1 pizza dough (the best is the already formed ones)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked sliced chicken
- 1 packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- In a med.
- saucepan cook together chicken and mixture of fajita mix and water, set aside.
- Combine sour cream and salsa, spread all over pizza dough.
- (leaving 1 in. crust) Top w/ chicken.
- Cook peppers and onion over med.
- heat w/cooking spray until soft.
- Top pizza w/peppers.
- Sprinkle cheese all over the top.
- Bake@ 350 degrees F for 12 min.
- ,or what the pizza dough says.
We liked this but the fajita mix was kind of salty. It might have just been the brand though. Used leftover rotisserie chicken, green and yellow pepper. I used Hernandez salsa but I will use a different one next time cuz it was kind of watery. Next day, leftovers were better.
What a delicious and different take on fajitas! I followed the recipe for the most part, but made a few subs. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, 2% milk chedder cheese, and a green pepper instead of a yellow one. I used leftover chicken breast that was already cooked, so i poured the fajita mix and water over it while i reheated it and then cooked the veggies in the same pan so they picked up the rest of the fajita mix flavor. I didn't pay enough attention when i cut up the veggies and ended up using a whole red and green pepper, but i liked the extra veggies. The only problem we seemed to have was with the sauce. We mixed the salsa and greek yogurt together, and even tho the greek yogurt is thicker than sour cream, the sauce still ended up being a bit runny. We will need to look into a thicker salsa next time, I think. Overall, this was a wonderful recipe and definitely one that will go into our files. Thanks for sharing!
I made this recipe on 3/20/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I first have to tell you that I cheated just a bit, canned pizza dough and pre-seasoned fajita meat were used. But the amounts of salsa and sour cream were " right on the money " I really liked the taste of this pizza, my SO thought it was just o.k.. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"