Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com. My husband and I had made it a few times, and I've finally made the changes I wanted to the recipe. I think that this recipe is simple, and very tasty. Enjoy!
- 391.22 g can pizza crusts, refrigerated classic, pillsbury is the best
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces (very small pieces)
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray 12-inch pizza pan or 13x9-inch pan with No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll dough; place in pan. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to edge of pan.
- Cook pizza dough for 8 minutes, remove from oven after 8 minutes and set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and bell pepper strips; cook and stir an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cooked pizza dough. Spoon salsa over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Great pizza! We really enjoyed this variation. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '11
The tasty high-fa-lute-in cousin to I-tal-i-ano style pizza. I'd like to offer you a virtual slice. Made for PAC Spring 2010.