Pizza topped with chicken, bell peppers, onions and salsa. Another family favorite that has been adapted from a Pillsbury Bake-off recipe. Prep time does not include time to make dough.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g chicken breast, skinned, boned, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced onion
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, strips
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, strips
- pizza dough, for 12 inch pizza (you can use refrigerated pizza crust if you like(I like Pizza Dough #8497 by Steve Sickenberger)
- 118.29 ml mild salsa
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add onions and bell peppers, cook an additional minute or so until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with semolina flour and press dough into pan.
- Pre-bake dough until it is a very light golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter chicken over crust, spoon salsa over chicken, spread vegetable mixture over that, and finally, top with cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.