Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. A great pizza with a Mexican flair. I make my own crust, but if you use a commercially prepared crust, this could be quite a quick recipe to prepare!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 to 115 )
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 cups green peppers, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and sugar.
- Beat vigorously by hand 20 strokes.
- Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in.pizza pan.
- Prick dough several times with a fork.
- Bake at 425 for 6-8 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear.
- Add onions, peppers, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining salt; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon over crusts; top with salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).