Prep 8 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Here is a delicious chicken fajita pita with lots of flavor. Enjoy.
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing (fat free)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (7 inch) pita bread rounds, halved (or use flour tortillas)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch salad dressing (or use low-fat yogurt)
- picante sauce (optional)
- Combine Italian salad dressing and soy sauce in a medium bowl and add chicken. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 10 minutes on each side or until well cooked and light browned. Cut into strips and keep it warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet and place over medium-high heat until hot and add peppers and onion slices. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender and then add grilled chicken strips.
- Fill pita halves with chicken and vegetables and serve with Ranch salad dressing or yogurt and picante sauce, if you like.