Recipe by Dine & Dish
This recipe was posted on a local FlyLady website. We love chicken and pasta at our house and this recipe was no exception!
- 8 ounces vermicelli or 8 ounces thin pasta, drained and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 cup quartered onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup medium taco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges,to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add onion, bell pepper and chiles; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in taco sauce, water and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over pasta.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.