Recipe by billikers
Any short tube-shaped pasta works great in this flavorful dish. From Woman's World, April 24 2007.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning.
- In 12" nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned - 4-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to platter; reserve.
- In same skillet, cook peppers, onion and remaining fajita seasoning until softened, 7-8 minutes. Stir in salsa, chicken and reserved pasta water. Cook until hot and bubbly, 2 minutes.
- Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. If desired, garnish with sour cream.