Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are so good!
- 591.47 ml shredded cooked chicken
- 35.43 g package fajita seasoning mix
- 78.07 ml water
- 226.79 g tortilla chips
- 295.73 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml grated monterey jack cheese
- 70.87 g can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (OPT)
- canned jalapeno slices (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Combine chicken, fajita seasoning, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 7 minutes.
- In a large, shallow ovenproof platter or pizza pan arrange the tortilla chips.
- Top with the chicken and cheeses.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes, olives, green onions, salsa, and jalapenos, if desired.
- Serve optional sour cream and guacamole on the side.
I prepared these nachos with leftover Beer Can Chicken (recipe #9549) and a purchased fajita seasoning. They were awesome. I also used a preshredded Mexican blend cheese. Served up with sliced olives, green onions, diced tomatoes, fresh jalapeño slices, my home-canned salsa, sour cream, and Chunky Guacamole (recipe #72639) this was a great, easy dinner for a lazy night. My friends will love when I prepare this when they drop over for beers.