Prep 45 mins
Cook 23 mins
From Rick Rodgers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded to an even thickness
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; close bag and shake bag to combine.
- Add in the chicken breasts; close bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat the skillet over med-high heat.
- Take chicken breasts from marinade and place in the skillet.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until nicely browned; turn and brown on the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and cook until chicken springs back when pressed in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool; chop chicken into ¾-inch bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over med heat.
- Add in the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic; cover pan.
- Cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 450°.
- Spread the tortilla chips on an ovenproof platter or pizza pan.
- Top with chicken, then the vegetables, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.